The winners of the 2021 Prime Minister’s Literary Awards (PMLA) have been announced.
Selected from shortlists announced in October, the winning titles in each category are:
- The Labyrinth (Amanda Lohrey, Text)
- The Strangest Place: New and selected poems (Stephen Edgar, Black Pepper)
- The Stranger Artist: Life at the edge of Kimberley painting (Quentin Sprague, Hardie Grant)
- People of the River: Lost worlds of early Australia (Grace Karskens, A&U)
- Metal Fish, Falling Snow (Cath Moore, Text)
Children’s literature (joint winners)
- Fly on the Wall (Remy Lai, Walker Books)
- How to Make a Bird (Meg McKinlay, illus by Matt Ottley, Walker Books Australia).
The winners in each category receive $80,000 and the shortlisted writers each receive $5000. All prizes are tax-free.
For more information, see the website.