The Sydney Film Festival has advised that these are five excellent films sure to generate a lot of interest:
- Eight talented writers from Western Sydney and five Australian women directors reframe the Australian experience in Here Out West, poignantly intertwining themes of family and place. On many a critic’s hot list.
- New York festival audiences fell in love with Friends and Strangers, a witty, absurdist slacker comedy about 20-somethings in Sydney. And apparently, the locals can’t wait to see it either.
- The hype is real for Zola, the film based on the infamous and epic 2015 stripper-saga tweetstorm. The twists, the turns, the edge-of-your-seat ending!
- Titane. Winner of the 2021 Cannes Palme d’Or. Need we say more? And yet there’s so much to say about a film that combines body horror, serial killings, gender fluidity, extreme violence, family drama and sex with cars.
- Pedro Almodóvar turns his lens to a dramatic tale of motherhood and historical trauma in Parallel Mothers. Penélope Cruz, winner of the Best Actress prize at Venice 2021, is unmissable.
Try and get tickets to these films for the sell out.
There are of-course many other films at the Festival well worth watching.
Everything you need to look at, including all the different passes on offer, is on the Sydney Film Festival website: SFF website
Get in quick as the Sydney Film Festival is just around the corner.
The Sydney Film Festival, a Covid Safe event, will run between November 3 and November 21, 2021.